Every situation is different.  Some might stay in a licensed or approved foster home, but there are several other options.  One option is a dormitory housing or supervised independent living in apartment homes.  If you have a relative or non-relative adult who is a support, their home might qualify as an appropriate placement.  Group home settings are also available for those with a higher level of needs.